At Anderson Music Academy, we meet students where they are, regardless of age or experience.
Music changes lives – see how we can change yours.
AMA Young Beginner Program (Ages 3-7)
Students as young as three years old through Kindergarten are taught in private lessons using an inventive color-coding system developed by AMA faculty member Marion Schmidt and the Faber My First Piano Adventure series. These young beginners learn proper technique and the basics of music in a fun, engaging weekly lesson.
Students graduate with a certificate from Miss Marion’s class upon completing the My First Piano Adventures series. They’re then ready to move on to the AMA Accelerated Piano Program.
$130 /month for weekly 30-minute private lessons based on 48 lessons offered per year.
AMA Accelerated Piano Program
The AMA Accelerated Program is innovative, fun, and highly effective individualized instruction in a multi-student setting designed for beginners through intermediate-level players.
Lessons are taught in a piano lab of up to 5 students. Each student works at their own pace, and assigned music is learned at the lesson, making home practice much easier.
Advantages of the AMA Accelerated Program
• Home practice becomes much easier
• Less stress on parents: students won’t have as many questions
• Improved student sight-reading
• Students complete their books faster
• Students experience Increased confidence and less anxiety
• Students are motivated by each other’s hard work and focus
• The lessons foster a sense of community, and students can make friends within the studio
How is the AMA Accelerated Program different than traditional lessons?
• Lessons are 55 minutes long, instead of 30 minutes
• Lessons are conducted in a modern lab setting with up to 5 students
• Assigned music is learned at the lesson, making practice at home much more manageable
• Students have privacy while practicing
• Students have time during the lesson to fix mistakes before presenting their work.
$130 /month for weekly 55-minute lab lessons
48 lessons offered per year
AMA Elite Program
More advanced students progress to longer individual lessons with a customized curriculum that focuses on almost any area of their choosing, including:
• Traditional Classical
• Jazz improvisation and theory
• Rock and Pop styles
• Studio techniques
• Recording technology
• Commercial music
• Playing in a group setting
Students contemplating majoring in music receive comprehensive audition preparation.
– based on 48 lessons offered per year:
$195 /month for weekly 45-minute private lessons
$260 /month for weekly 60-minute private lessons
Scott Anderson Monthly Tuition Rates
– based on 45 lessons offered per year:
$210 /month for weekly 45-minute private lessons
$280 /month for weekly 60-minute private lessons
Tuition is payable monthly on the 1st of the month. Payment is always the same flat rate, regardless of student absences or scheduled teacher vacation breaks.
There is an annual $45 /per family studio registration fee.